What Google Will Tell You
- I draw fellow commuters on the bus and metro and post my sketches on my blog and on the DC Urban Sketchers blog.
- I spent a week in New Orleans helping rebuild houses destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
- I've received numerous awards, including:
- first place in the Website category from the National Association of Government Communicators for my part in developing OnGuardOnline.gov.
- a "Town and Gown" award for leadership in Habitat for Humanity (I was president of my campus chapter for two years).
- I got married at the Tyler Arboretum in September 2009.
What Google Won't Tell You
- I regularly buy value-packs of pot pies, my go-to comfort food.
- I have fake front teeth because I was in a freak highway accident.
- I interned at a juvenile detention facility and a probation office during my senior year of college.
- I ran a marathon in San Diego in 2003. Never again.
- I can put my feet behind my head and do a double-jointed "jump rope" trick with my arms.
- Favorite high school job: ice cream scooper and cake decorator for Freddy Hill Dairy Farm in Lansdale, PA.